.: Greetings, fellow Gerbils! :.

Greetings, fellow gerbils!
Hey there, it's Gerry here! As you may have gathered, I am a gerbil and this is a blog about my life on this planet. I appear to humans through a machine called the GerbilMaestro, which is an exact copy of my master. I control this machine and most of the time pretend to be my master in front of other humans.
I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Thanks a gerbillion!

Search This Blog

Sunday 11 November 2012

Weekly News Round-Up #7: 04/11/2012

Sunday 4th November 2012 - Part 2 of Week beginning 22nd OctoberSo, onto part 2!

During the week, ANT and Master revolutionised their usual walk back home. Becaused they were fed up of waiting for Wadz and ArwaChihuahua all the time, they decided to walk ahead and not pay any attention to the others, in an attempt of silent protest. Striking back at this, Wadz promised Master that she would never ever do her Voldemort impression in from of Master again! I wonder how that's going to play out. We'll keep you updated on this ;)

Moving on into the middle of the week, we were once again presented with an absolutely brilliant assembly by the principal of Nasha Academy. (May I also comment on the wonderfully advanced PowerPoint presentation that was used.) This week, the topic was based on the book "'The Art of Being Brilliant', by the 2 Andy's" (Quoted by the principal). It was indeed a very meaningful assembly on the qualities of a brilliant person, how you must have good 'bouncebackability' (I know, whatta great word, commonly found in all dictionaries), or in other words, resilience, and also whether you are a radiator or a drain. Now that's what I call meaningful. Would you rather bring warmth wherever you go, or just be sat in a corner slurping up sewage? Think about it.

Further on in the week, Ruby, Wicks and Master attended the 'History & Science Enrichment Day' at Nasha Academy. It was a wonderful blend of, well, history of medicine and science. Pretty self-explanatory, if you ask me. However, I think Master had a little too much sugar on her Weetabix that day, hence she was rather hyper. She started off accidently pricking herself with an injection needle, which led to her loosing some blood, then expressed a lot of enthusiasm, by saying, "Isn't this so much fun?" to the person next to her, when they were dissecting lamb hearts (I don't think she meant it about the dissecting part). Oh, what a lovely day it was.

Finally, after such an action-packed week, I thought it was only right that we mention this week's lunchtime discussion topic: computer error codes.
As a follow up to our discussion about emails (which can be read about in 14/10/2012's Weekly News Round-Up), the topic of error codes just popped up (so much like an error code, lol), which I have no idea how it managed to, but that's besides the point. We talked about the most frequent error codes that we see, such as code 404, and also hypothesized about what error code 1 is. I think Wicks' best guess was that the computer just shuts down and self-destructs. What do you think happens when you receive error code 1?

Until next week, have a good one :)
[Reference: 'The Art of Being Brilliant' is by Andy Cope and Andy Whittaker. Why not check it out for a nice little read?]

No comments:

Post a Comment