.: Greetings, fellow Gerbils! :.

Greetings, fellow gerbils!
Hey there, it's Gerry here! As you may have gathered, I am a gerbil and this is a blog about my life on this planet. I appear to humans through a machine called the GerbilMaestro, which is an exact copy of my master. I control this machine and most of the time pretend to be my master in front of other humans.
I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Thanks a gerbillion!

Search This Blog

Monday 11 November 2013

MouseMouseMonday #29: Wicks reviews 'Thor: The Dark World'

Hello there peeps!
On this most exciting Monday, we have a MouseMouseMonday post for y'all! Sorry for the inconsistency, but you're gonna love this one! After seeing 'Thor: The Dark World', Wicks has brilliantly written us a review. Take a look:

Thor 2 Review (it rhymes!)
By Simon Wicks

Original image: http://marvel.com/thor#/downloads/wallpaper

THOR 2!!! This has been my most highly-anticipated film, perhaps, ever. A consequence of which I have already seen it twice. Needless to say I was the obvious choice for blog reviewer.

I will try to keep this mostly spoiler-free, but the whole film is basically one big spoiler so I'll try to avoid any really big spoilers.

In a nutshell, the convergence is coming, the magical blurring between the worlds manifests itself as some pretty sweet sky portals. Now, any sort of huge cosmic event is going to draw some kind of evil-doer. With Loki imprisoned after the events of Avengers, the bad guy spotlight shifts to Malekith, king of the Dark Elves (mwah ha ha!) played by Christopher Eccleston, just about recognisable under all his layers of make-up.

Even the usual cast seems different; Thor is more serious, Odin less shouty and Dr Erik Selvig, well...more crazy. This change is not unwelcome though, things have changed post-Avengers and this gives the characters more depth. Much like the original Thor however, some of the more minor characters are largely forgotten - e.g. Volstagg, Sif, etc. But that does leave more room for Thor and Loki's dynamic duo.

All in all a very enjoyable film with action and equal amounts of laughter and heartbreak. A good follow-up to Thor and Avengers. But how long must we wait for a Loki film!?

11/12 Simon Stars!

P.S. How crowded is Asgardian prison?! 4 people/aliens/monsters (whatever) to a cell? Heck! If you're going to make so many enemies, build a bigger dungeon.

Want more Thor? Check out the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment