.: Greetings, fellow Gerbils! :.

Greetings, fellow gerbils!
Hey there, it's Gerry here! As you may have gathered, I am a gerbil and this is a blog about my life on this planet. I appear to humans through a machine called the GerbilMaestro, which is an exact copy of my master. I control this machine and most of the time pretend to be my master in front of other humans.
I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Thanks a gerbillion!

Search This Blog

Thursday 4 January 2018

Quote Week 2018: January - Day 4

Company X employee: "Hello, this is Company X."
Jen: "Hello, is Jeanne [pronounced Jean] available?"
Company X employee: "No, I think you've got the wrong company"
Jen: "I may be pronouncing the name wrong, I mean Jeanne [pronounced Genie]...?"
Company X employee: "Oh you mean Jeanne [pronounced Jan]..."
- J.C.

Story behind quote:
Jen recounts a scenario from work where she was looking for a person named Jeanne from Company X. She'd only ever seen the name written, so took to the Internet before the call to investigate the correct pronunciation; the last thing she wanted was to sound stupid whilst on the phone. The baby name websites were split between Jean and Genie, so Jen decided to take a gamble on the former. Unfortunately neither were correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment