.: Greetings, fellow Gerbils! :.

Greetings, fellow gerbils!
Hey there, it's Gerry here! As you may have gathered, I am a gerbil and this is a blog about my life on this planet. I appear to humans through a machine called the GerbilMaestro, which is an exact copy of my master. I control this machine and most of the time pretend to be my master in front of other humans.
I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Thanks a gerbillion!

Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 February 2014

What's App-ening Wednesday? #9: Tiny Tower

Yo, wassup guys? Today, ANT reviews 'Tiny Tower' for us. Take a look:

http://www.nimblebit.com/

ANT:

Asides from the charming pixellated design that greets you upon arrival, there really is nothing interesting or engaging about this game at all...and it’s only now, as I sit down to write about the app, that I realise it.

Having been at the peak of addiction for a number of months now, I’m at the point in the game where there’s really no point in continuing (not that there was any point in the first place). I’m too rich to care about having a strategy anymore. Gameplay consists of merely clicking. This, as you can imagine, makes the game even less appealing. There is literally nothing to play for.

Yet I can’t stop myself from checking up on my towers’ progress; dropping in throughout the day to stock floors and develop my tower (which is, at this point, far from tiny) to ensure maximum profits.

It’s getting quite ridiculous. I feel, as the official president of my tower, that I’m letting my Bitizens down if I don’t work the elevators for a few minutes *cough* hours *cough* each day, delivering various characters to their homes. The bitizens are like my family. It’s as if I’ve developed a maternal bond with them that draws me into seeing that everything is running smoothly, constantly checking up on them via Bitbook to make sure that they’re okay. Their lives matter more than my own. It’s become a duty, a routine, and a lifestyle that will no doubt last for months to come. 

Don’t let this monster of an app turn your brain into mush because, although your tower may be tiny, the addiction that consumes you is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment