.: Greetings, fellow Gerbils! :.

Greetings, fellow gerbils!
Hey there, it's Gerry here! As you may have gathered, I am a gerbil and this is a blog about my life on this planet. I appear to humans through a machine called the GerbilMaestro, which is an exact copy of my master. I control this machine and most of the time pretend to be my master in front of other humans.
I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Thanks a gerbillion!

Search This Blog

Thursday 1 March 2012

St. David's Day

Hope all you Welsh gerbils have a smashin' day!
Here's 5 facts about St David's Day:
1. St. David's Day is on 1st March as it was the day St. David died in 589.
2. St. David's symbol is the leek.
3. Traditionally a Welsh stew called Cawl, containing lamb and leek, would be eaten on this day.
4. Parades, food festivals, concerts and street parties would take place across Wales today.
5. It wasn't until the 18th Century that they St. David's Day was declared a national day of celebration in Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment